Just a note!
I wanted to sneak in a minute on my laptop to tell you about my fabulous time with Mary and Jenn. Now, you may think I already spent a day with them...well, that's Jenn's day which Mary accompanied us on. Now this is Mary's day which Jenn accompanied us on. Make sense? Good. ;)
We started off the day in a way we Beldens like it. With a hearty breakfast. *grin* I had delicious Belgian waffles topped with strawberries. YUM!
Then we were off to admire the panda sculptures that are hidden in various places around D.C. I'd heard about these types of sculptures before, but this was my first opportunity to see them. Very cool! I like that they auction them off to raise money for charity after the event is over. :) Maybe we should do something like that in Sleepyside! I'm sure Nick Roberts would participate, don't you think?
Then we visited the Smithsonian...which is definitely a must when you go to Washington! It was amazing to see all these flying machines that you read about in your history book. I mean...the Wright Brothers' plane. Right there! In front of you! If I hold up that well after 100 years, I'll be happy. ;)
We also saw the infamous Hope diamond...although I tell you, I think it's a girl thing. All this hype and it doesn't even look that big. I think the one you found in the gatehouse, Trix, wasn't much smaller. Maybe I'm just spoiled living next to diamond clad neighbors? ;)
Then we had dinner at the Hotel Washington. Man, the view is spectactular! I think I was so starstruck for a while that Mary and Jenn had to prod me to eat! (Now, if I'd been Mart, the view would have been admired AFTER the food was eaten. ;))
Watching the sunset over the monuments, eating a scrumptious ice cream sundae with two lovely ladies...well, I can't think of a more perfectly perfect way to end my day.
THANKS, ladies, for a magnificent time!
Now I gotta run. More socializing to do. *grin*
We started off the day in a way we Beldens like it. With a hearty breakfast. *grin* I had delicious Belgian waffles topped with strawberries. YUM!
Then we were off to admire the panda sculptures that are hidden in various places around D.C. I'd heard about these types of sculptures before, but this was my first opportunity to see them. Very cool! I like that they auction them off to raise money for charity after the event is over. :) Maybe we should do something like that in Sleepyside! I'm sure Nick Roberts would participate, don't you think?
Then we visited the Smithsonian...which is definitely a must when you go to Washington! It was amazing to see all these flying machines that you read about in your history book. I mean...the Wright Brothers' plane. Right there! In front of you! If I hold up that well after 100 years, I'll be happy. ;)
We also saw the infamous Hope diamond...although I tell you, I think it's a girl thing. All this hype and it doesn't even look that big. I think the one you found in the gatehouse, Trix, wasn't much smaller. Maybe I'm just spoiled living next to diamond clad neighbors? ;)
Then we had dinner at the Hotel Washington. Man, the view is spectactular! I think I was so starstruck for a while that Mary and Jenn had to prod me to eat! (Now, if I'd been Mart, the view would have been admired AFTER the food was eaten. ;))
Watching the sunset over the monuments, eating a scrumptious ice cream sundae with two lovely ladies...well, I can't think of a more perfectly perfect way to end my day.
THANKS, ladies, for a magnificent time!
Now I gotta run. More socializing to do. *grin*


<< Home