Oh, say can you see?
Hehe...I've got Francis Scott Key on my mind. I mean, after all, I WAS in Frederick where he's from originally.
Brian reporting in here. I'm downing coffee (of course, we had to make a special trip to the store for it yesterday) and borrowing Kyrie's computer for a few minutes to give you my latest update. *sigh* I wish I had one of those Pennsylvania Dutch pastries that Pat gave us when we were at her house the other day. Isn't that just the worst? You visit somewhere, develop an instant liking and craving for something and then you can't find it anywhere else. Hmmmph. Well, I guess that means I'll just have to go back. *grin* And I DID promise I'd come back again, because she got an appointment set up with Holmes Morton for me. (I cannot TELL you how excited I was to get that!) Oh, and Dan, Pat did ask about you. You up for a road trip...oh...maybe the end of August? ;)
Yesterday, I got immersed in the Civil War. I tell you, it's not something we northern Yankees see a whole lot about. (Seeing as how the war was mostly fought in the central and southern states). But I was just fascinated!
I made Kyrie go with me through all the exhibits about the medical training and field hospitals and whatnot. I think my reputation for liking medicine has preceded me. *grin* She held up pretty admirably, though. I mean, one of the ways of treating patients who'd been shot in the arm or leg back then was amputation. But it is fascinating to see how much they did know and do considering the limits of the medicinal technology they had back then.
Hmmm...but I guess you all don't want to hear about that. (Not a word, Mart!)
I think the highlight for me was seeing Gettysburg. I've heard tell that there are stories of ghosts that linger around that battlefield. I'm not sure what I think of that, but there is this tangible sense of loss about the place. Ran a shiver down my spine.
Well, I'd better sign off here. This is getting long and I've got to check with Kyrie and see which of the beautiful D.C. gals I get to see next. I'm armed with a Metro map and determined to figure out how to get from Point A to Point B.
Hmmm...assuming there is a Point B...
Brian reporting in here. I'm downing coffee (of course, we had to make a special trip to the store for it yesterday) and borrowing Kyrie's computer for a few minutes to give you my latest update. *sigh* I wish I had one of those Pennsylvania Dutch pastries that Pat gave us when we were at her house the other day. Isn't that just the worst? You visit somewhere, develop an instant liking and craving for something and then you can't find it anywhere else. Hmmmph. Well, I guess that means I'll just have to go back. *grin* And I DID promise I'd come back again, because she got an appointment set up with Holmes Morton for me. (I cannot TELL you how excited I was to get that!) Oh, and Dan, Pat did ask about you. You up for a road trip...oh...maybe the end of August? ;)
Yesterday, I got immersed in the Civil War. I tell you, it's not something we northern Yankees see a whole lot about. (Seeing as how the war was mostly fought in the central and southern states). But I was just fascinated!
I made Kyrie go with me through all the exhibits about the medical training and field hospitals and whatnot. I think my reputation for liking medicine has preceded me. *grin* She held up pretty admirably, though. I mean, one of the ways of treating patients who'd been shot in the arm or leg back then was amputation. But it is fascinating to see how much they did know and do considering the limits of the medicinal technology they had back then.
Hmmm...but I guess you all don't want to hear about that. (Not a word, Mart!)
I think the highlight for me was seeing Gettysburg. I've heard tell that there are stories of ghosts that linger around that battlefield. I'm not sure what I think of that, but there is this tangible sense of loss about the place. Ran a shiver down my spine.
Well, I'd better sign off here. This is getting long and I've got to check with Kyrie and see which of the beautiful D.C. gals I get to see next. I'm armed with a Metro map and determined to figure out how to get from Point A to Point B.
Hmmm...assuming there is a Point B...


<< Home