Sunday, July 11, 2004

Using up the last surge of energy on my laptop battery...

Trix and I just crossed over the border into Maryland...she's driving (God help us both!) and I'm writing a quick post to tell you about the fun we had yesterday.

We got up really early and drove into Pennsylvania. It's a gorgeous state...all those rolling hills. We stopped by to visit Pat in Lancaster. She's overrun this weekend with stuff to do, and we didn't want to take too much time out of her busy schedule, but she seemed glad to see us and she poured us a nice cup of coffee and sat us down at her kitchen table for a good hour. We chatted about anything and everything. The best kind of chats, IMHO.

Oh, yes and Trixie wants me to point out that we did manage to see a few Amish folk on our way out of Lancaster. I don't think she's yet recovered from watching "Witness" a couple of weeks ago. I think she expected Harrison Ford to show up any moment. *grin*

After we left Pat's, we stopped by Lora's and had her go with us for an early supper. We went back to her place afterwards, and she and Trixie were still talking around 2 AM. At least, that's what I think they were doing. I fell asleep on the couch about then.

She sent us on our way this morning with a wonderful breakfast. Trixie's going to drop me off at Kyrie's, and she's taking the car. I'm hopeful (since there are so many D.C.ers going to the convention) that SOMEONE will let me tag along with them to the convention in their car. Otherwise, I'll have to look into a Greyhound or something.

You guys are absolutely right. It's fantastic to get to meet terrific message board folk! I can't wait to meet the famous D.C. gals!

And Trixie says hello and to tell you that Maryland drivers are every bit as bad as Mary says they are. *grin* Note that the more intelligent older brother is NOT driving, but typing instead.

More later!