Sunday, July 18, 2004

Back to normal

Well, as normal as we ever get, right?
 
I don't have much longer to write this morning than I did last night, but I did want to take a few minutes before leaving to meet with Dana for our adventures today...
 
Aleta and I had a fantastic time on Thursday, and I'm glad she called in sick. Besides, considering the stress she's been under with her current regulation-review headache, she needed a "mental health day." Anyway, that's what this doctor-to-be ordered!
 
I really enjoyed the National Building Museum. I can't understand why it's not more popular, but maybe that has something to do with the name? But as much as I enjoyed the displays, spending time with Aleta was really the highlight of the day. Did you know she has her PhD? She was really able to relate to the stresses of graduate school and not enough money...
 
As for Michelle (her cat)... Maybe it's because we always had quite the menagerie of animals at Crabapple Farm, but she and I really clicked. She even let me hold her and pet her even when she wasn't on her special petting spot!
 
I spent the last two days helping take care of some of the details for our vacation in St. Louis while Kyrie dealt with a family emergency. And now that I've seen the plans and the work she's put into this... Well, we're all going to have a fabulous time. *G*
 
Okay. Gotta go. Leaving to meet up with the fabulous Miss Dana today. Wonder where she'll take me?