Back in Frederick again!
Hello, all!
I'm taking a moment to report in and tell you about my latest visit. :)
I am in DC again, but I spent a glorious overnight up at Kate's in Maryland. I got to see some of that area and Delaware, her old stomping grounds, as well!!
It was wonderful to get to meet her husband and son as well. Very nice folks! :) Boo and I sat for a while and I read him Goodnight, Moon. It's not Peter Rabbit, but he liked that book almost as much as Bobby liked Peter Rabbit. I kept waiting for him to say, "Read, Read, Read!". *grin*
We tried to talk Brett into coming with us, but he declined, offering to keep an eye on Boo and send us out alone (with mystery baby, of course, coming along for the ride. :)).
I got the grand tour of North East and bought more of those fantastic coffee beans that Mary introduced me to. Then, she drove me up to Turkey Point Light. The view is fantastic...very beautiful. But I was a little concerned for her, being pregnant, with the heat and the hike and all, but Kate said she was fine. But she did let me drive when we got back to the car. ;)
We then took off for New Castle and then for Delaware City. It's amazing how much Kate knows about the area. She really should be a tour guide herself! And I'd much rather walk around with someone as pretty and fun as she is than one of the normal guides! ;)
Fort Delaware was really cool, though. I was very impressed with the stories about the Civil War. (I think this is kind of a Civil War trip for me!) I could have spent hours there, but the day was fading, and Kate wanted to get back home, so I let her drag me back to the car. *grin* But we are SO coming back for one of the lantern tours. Who knows? There might even be a mystery to solve for Trixie and Honey! ;)
We returned to her place where Brett had started up cooking Blue Crabs. I have to admit that this is a bit daunting when you first see these things, but after Brett showed me exactly what I was supposed to do, I got into it pretty quickly. It's mighty good food, I have to say!!
We had a relaxing evening of just hanging out, gabbing, watching Kill Bill Vol. 1 and then I sacked out. :)
I also got to try scrapple this morning before I headed back to Kyrie's. It's actually not too bad, despite what I'd heard about it. ;)
It was a fantastic time, and Kate is a lovely hostess with the mostess. You are always welcome in Sleepyside!!
And now I've returned to Kyrie's and am helping her with the last minute convention things. I think we're headed out tomorrow or the next day on our drive toward Missouri, so I may be incommunicado for a couple of days. If I have time, I'll log on. Otherwise, I'll see you all at the convention!!!
I'm taking a moment to report in and tell you about my latest visit. :)
I am in DC again, but I spent a glorious overnight up at Kate's in Maryland. I got to see some of that area and Delaware, her old stomping grounds, as well!!
It was wonderful to get to meet her husband and son as well. Very nice folks! :) Boo and I sat for a while and I read him Goodnight, Moon. It's not Peter Rabbit, but he liked that book almost as much as Bobby liked Peter Rabbit. I kept waiting for him to say, "Read, Read, Read!". *grin*
We tried to talk Brett into coming with us, but he declined, offering to keep an eye on Boo and send us out alone (with mystery baby, of course, coming along for the ride. :)).
I got the grand tour of North East and bought more of those fantastic coffee beans that Mary introduced me to. Then, she drove me up to Turkey Point Light. The view is fantastic...very beautiful. But I was a little concerned for her, being pregnant, with the heat and the hike and all, but Kate said she was fine. But she did let me drive when we got back to the car. ;)
We then took off for New Castle and then for Delaware City. It's amazing how much Kate knows about the area. She really should be a tour guide herself! And I'd much rather walk around with someone as pretty and fun as she is than one of the normal guides! ;)
Fort Delaware was really cool, though. I was very impressed with the stories about the Civil War. (I think this is kind of a Civil War trip for me!) I could have spent hours there, but the day was fading, and Kate wanted to get back home, so I let her drag me back to the car. *grin* But we are SO coming back for one of the lantern tours. Who knows? There might even be a mystery to solve for Trixie and Honey! ;)
We returned to her place where Brett had started up cooking Blue Crabs. I have to admit that this is a bit daunting when you first see these things, but after Brett showed me exactly what I was supposed to do, I got into it pretty quickly. It's mighty good food, I have to say!!
We had a relaxing evening of just hanging out, gabbing, watching Kill Bill Vol. 1 and then I sacked out. :)
I also got to try scrapple this morning before I headed back to Kyrie's. It's actually not too bad, despite what I'd heard about it. ;)
It was a fantastic time, and Kate is a lovely hostess with the mostess. You are always welcome in Sleepyside!!
And now I've returned to Kyrie's and am helping her with the last minute convention things. I think we're headed out tomorrow or the next day on our drive toward Missouri, so I may be incommunicado for a couple of days. If I have time, I'll log on. Otherwise, I'll see you all at the convention!!!


<< Home